Our mission is to provide outstanding preschool and elementary education through second language immersion, preparing children to become responsible and engaged citizens of the world.
- Excellent immersion education emphasizing fluency in a second or third language.
- Outstanding English instruction for both native and non-native English speakers.
- Challenging, relevant, and considered global Curriculum based on the French, Spanish, and American systems.
- Education that meets and/or exceeds Arizona state and U.S. national standards.
- An intellectually, culturally, and ethnically diverse environment.
- A place where differences are recognized, celebrated, and nurtured.
- An environment where students, teachers, and staff of all backgrounds and languages feel safe, valued, and challenged.
- A program that instills a deep understanding of the relationship between culture and language in our students, giving them a sense of the inherent value and dignity of all human beings and cultures.
- A school that teaches our students to be of service to the community, both locally and globally.
- An affordable educational experience with scholarship options for those who demonstrate financial need.
- High quality cultural and language based after-school, summer, and weekend programs open to the public.
Our vision is to contribute to Phoenix's development into a world class city by being an innovative institution which provides excellent K-12 language immersion education based on American and International curricula.
We endeavor to serve as a valuable community resource by:
- Operating a center for early foreign language learning.
- Offering after school, weekend, and summer language and culturally based programs to the community.
- Providing resources for bilingual education, international relations, and cross-cultural understanding.
- Serving as a model of local involvement in international concerns.
To achieve this Vision, we strive to:
- Provide an excellent preschool and K-12 education emphasizing second language fluency, cross-cultural understanding, and international relations.
- Provide an affordable and accessible education.
- Ensure an ethnically, socio-economically, and culturally diverse population.
- Attract and retain highly qualified and motivated teachers and administrators.
- Provide a healthy, supportive, and intellectually-challenging workplace for our teachers and staff.
- Provide services to the community focusing on cross-cultural understanding.
- Form alliances with local international community organizations, international businesses, and Non-Government Organizations (NGO's).
- Develop strong relationships which foster cooperation with other international and language immersion schools across the country and beyond.
- Develop long-term and sustainable fundraising strategies.
- Raise the profile of the school across the Valley and beyond through
strategic marketing and a solid and reliable reputation for excellence.
- Forge relationships with donors and potential donors, both individual and corporate.
- Seek international education, independent school , foreign government,
and other organizational accreditation.
- Research the International Baccalaureate Program for Elementary, Middle, and High School programs and implement best-of-class accreditation.
External Program Development:
- Form a strong alternative language program for families whose children
are not enrolled in the full-time program.
- Offer language courses and cultural events for adults.
- Develop a large resource center/library for early language learning.
- Develop an international cultural center hosting special events, meetings, workshops, and conferences for culturally-based events.
- Cultivate students who will be active ambassadors of the Phoenix
community for international cultural affairs and activities.
- Operate programs in conjunction with other organizations around the
Valley with similar goals and values.