Project Green ISA
The actions we take impact the world we pass down to our children. The education we do about preserving our world is a legacy we can give them. To this end, we have started our own effort 'Project Green ISA' to both increase green practices at our location and to incorporate environmental education into the curriculum of all our preschool and elementary classes. All students at ISA will learn the importance of preserving our earth and the actions they can take to make a difference.
Our mission and objective is to develop a program of conservation, environmental sensitivity and enviro-education for the ISA staff, students, families, and community.
- implement recycling program in all classrooms, offices, kitchens, and copying locations
- incorporate environmental education into classroom curriculum
- invite environmental education resources to visit ISA
- develop enviro-projects at school which are both kind to the earth and educational
- incorporation of enviro-education in curriculum
- theme of year-end performance 'save the planet'
- use of solar oven by elementary classes
- limited classroom rollout of recycling bins
- program all thermostats
- turn off non-essential electronics at night or when not in use
- turn off lights when not in use
- turn off water when not in use
- purchase of enviro-friendly supplies when possible (non-toxic, recycled, etc.)
- replacement of paper, plastic & styrofoam cups with reusable cups for each staff member
- recycling of electronics
- Incorporate recycling theme into service projects
- Use reusable shopping bags for school purchases